1 – 1.5kg Pork Belly
150ml South Carolina BBQ Sauce
100g Butter (diced into 1cm cubes)
1. Pre-heat oven to 120°C.
2. Ideally use a thick piece of pork belly. Remove the skin, cut into cubes of
approx. 4cm and place in a large roasting tin.
3. To the roasting tin, pour in enough oil to coat all of the meat and then
sprinkle over 1tbsp salt and 2tbsp brown sugar. Massage this in with your
hands so the meat is evenly coated.
4. Place roasting tin in pre-heated oven and cook for 2 hours, after this time
the meat should be browned on the outside and most of the fat rendered out
into the roasting tin.
5. Turn the meat with tongs, sprinkle with another 1tbsp of brown sugar and
add the butter in between the pieces of pork belly.
6. Cover the tin with foil and return to the oven for another 2 hours while
turning the cubes of meat every 30 minutes.
7. Remove roasting tin from the oven and remove foil, pour off as much of the
fat as possible from the tin and turn the over up to 200°C.
8. Add the South Carolina BBQ Sauce to the tin and glaze the meat with the sauce.
9. Return to the hot oven for 5-10 minutes, which will brown the edges of the
meat and set the sauce onto it.
10. Remove from oven and serve as a nibble or with fries, slaw and pickles.
This also works very well with our Korean BBQ Sauce or a chilli sauce!