Whether it's peak BBQ season or the middle of winter, there's a load of hacks and tips we've got for using up our sauces!
Our top 10 tips for using sauce as an ingredient 👇
1. Tomato Ketchup is a wicked alternative to tomato puree or even chopped tomatoes in Bolognese, stews and chilli – just remember to adjust your usual seasoning as this will add more salt and sweetness than regular chopped tomatoes.
2. Sriracha Chilli Sauce or Habanero Ketchup can be added to chilli (veg or con carne) to provide an extra kick and savouriness.
3. Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce or Smoky Chipotle Ketchup is great mixed into baked beans to spice them up and add depth of flavour – on a jacket potato with cheese this is a meal in itself!
4. Coat chicken pieces, breast or thigh with Original or Cherry Bourbon BBQ Sauce before cooking, Hunters Chicken style.
5. Brown Sauce can be used in place of gravy browning or Worcestershire sauce and added to gravy or stews to add depth of flavour.
6. Did you know mayonnaise can be used instead of egg in baking and butter in cooking? Add Original Mayo to cake batter, mashed potato or try a spicy mayo on corn on the cob instead of butter.
8. BBQ Rubs can be made into a tasty chip seasoning or for potato wedges, just add salt to taste.
9. Almost all our sauces can be used to glaze meat, including sausages. Try Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce for sausages, Sriracha Chilli Sauce on chicken for fajitas, and our Drizzles or BBQ sauces on chicken.
10. Try mixing our hot sauces and chilli sauces with rice or noodles for an easy and warming side dish or snack.
12. Finally, if you have the basic ingredients, there’s nothing like a bit of spicy garlic mayonnaise or flavoursome sauce to make a sandwich, burger or salad something special.
Got some suggestions? Join us on our Flavour Forum on Facebook to get involved.